PC LAN/Help Desk Specialist
A local area network(LAN) technician provides support and maintenance to local area computer networks. HelpDesk Technicians provide technical support for IT end-users.
PC LAN Help desks pecialists are vital to the IT work force, as they keep the technologies that organizations rely on to do business up-to-date and running smoothly.
In OPMI PC LAN/Help Desk Specialist Program, you will learn in detail about various aspects of network andc omputer systems administration. Itcontains many well-known and popular courses including CompTIA A+PC Technician, CompTIA Net- work+ Network Administrator,CISCO CCNA Certified Cisco Network Administrator,and CompTIA Security+.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that job opportunities for helpdesk technicians will increase faster than the average growth expected for all occupations. Consistent advancement of technology is cited as the reason for the rapid employment rise. The projected job growth rate of Computer User Support Specialists-U.S. is 12.8% during the 2014-2024 decade.
Upon completion of the program, the students will be able to:
- Knowledge and competency in PC essentials.
- Develop technical skills in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation graphics skills using a Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of Networking Technology.
- Develop clear and meaningful understanding of general office procedures, systems, and processes, and administration.
- Knowledge of Networking Practices.
- The process and procedures needed to implement, trouble- shoot repair and maintain a Cisco network.
- How to protect network environments from outside attacks.
|Courses/ Unit Titles||Hours|
|CompTIA A+ PC Technician||60|
|CompTIA N+ Network Administrator||80|
|CISCO CCNA Network Administrator||80|
|CompTIA Security +||20|