TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It measures the ability o of English to students utilise their skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing and is one of the most widely respected and recognised English-language tests in the world.
Most people who take the TOEFL are planning to study at a university or college where English is the medium of instruction. However, the test is also used by immigration departments to issue residential and work visas, medical and licensing agencies for professional certification purposes, apart from individuals who simply want to assess their understanding of, and proficiency in, the English language.
TOEFL helps prove that they have the English skills that will actually be needed in an academic classroom. The test is composed of 100% academic tasks and questions. Therefore, many universities and colleges worldwide consider it to be one of the most appropriate tests of English while deciding on admissions.
Preparation is key to getting a good TOEFL score. Investing time and effort in preparing for the exam is a critical element in the test taking strategy. OPMI offers quality TOEFL coaching that ensures students get the best possible preparation.
Reasons to prepare for the TOEFL with OPMI:
- Development of academic skills: Note-taking, parapphrasing, Summarizing, Synthesizing.
- Enhancement of language skills: Listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Mini-tests to increase student’s reading comprehension and speed.
- Real sample questions, including sample essays and speaking responses.
- Audio scripts for practice, activities, quizzes and model tests.